Friday, June 27, 2008

Wut are we up 2?

Besides the usual events included in caring for 9 people, I've been busy working extra hours, Dental Hygiene. It's always interestig to me how when I take time off work, the good Lord give me opportunities to make it up so we don't loose the mula from time off.

Our children have never seen the ocean, so last year we planned to take them to California to play in the 'warm' sea water. That's what I'm taking time off work for. We bought a time share plan, basically, & began the long process of making reservations in January. Don't cha think that'd be plenty of time? Nope. We recently found out they've no room for us for any time in July or August, but they did for the following week. We then made reservations at a hotel who's backdoor is the beach, as a back up plan. We'll check on the timeshare 2 weeks before we leave. Quite an adventure already!

How do we afford it? We've been putting a set amount in a savings account each month. When we get to Sunset beach, we'll show the children how much it cost to get there, the cost to return, & the cost of the hotel/time share. The remaining $ is for food & entertainment. They will them make an educated menue & amusement plan. Parks, beach -oh did I mention its a worldwide surfing contest at sunset beach the very week we're there? Yes of course I planned it strategically! (eye roll) Nope, just serendipity luck!

1 comment:

VicandNanc said...

Speaking of eye rolls... I can just see your kids commenting to their friends about the price of something & their friends looking at them like... WHATEVER!!! haha, your kids will be so money savy!

Our California Vacation


July 4, 2008